1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
I got married. And before I did that, I had to swear that I had never been married before. I don’t remember ever raising my right hand and swearing anything before.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn’t make any for this year. Next year, I’m gonna make the same resolution as I did 2 years ago.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Amanda had Gabriel, Emily had Annie, and Juliet had Vivian.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one close to me.
5. What countries did you visit?
Wisconsin, but that’s not a country.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
I got my husband, digital camera, and 20/20 vision in my right eye. It’s 20/25 in the left right now. I think I want a different house in 2007.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Oh, I don’t know, probably October 14 because that was the day I got married (and turned 10,001 days old).
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Planning a fantastic wedding!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sure. I probably could have been a better friend, but everything seems to have worked out just fine.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did have to go to the ER for the second time ever due to illness. I also got this 24 hour flu where I basically could hardly get up from the afternoon of May 31 to the afternoon of June 1. It sucked. I was really sick.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A stuffed purple hippo named Juliet for Jonathan.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone who selflessly gave of their time, talent, or treasure. Or their O negative blood.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well, I can think of someone who shaves the top half of his mustache and grows the bottom half out… It’s bizarre.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Probably to the wedding
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Engagement. That was very exciting! As excited as I was about it, when I told my friend Rhea, she took her reaction to the extreme. When she saw me, she said, “I like your outfit.” I replied, “You like my outfit? Well, how do you like THIS!” as I flashed my ring. She screamed, and made several very loud exclamations, getting the attention of about 30 nearby people.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Probably “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Definitely happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Ever the same
iii. richer or poorer? Well, I have more assets and also more debt. I’d say poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about things I can’t control.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Again, Christmas has passed. We woke up and traded presents, went to his parents’ house to do the same thing, then to my parents’ house to do the same thing and have dinner. The worst part was when my dad passed out from a rush of blood to the head. Luckily he was ok.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I fell more in love in 2006.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I can only think of one person, and I just dislike this person even more.
26. What was the best book you read?
Well, there wasn’t much time for book reading once I had to start planning a wedding.
27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
I don’t care for techno-pop music on CD so much, but we saw an amazing Imogen Heap concert. Worth every bit of 20 bucks, it was.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
A lobster dinner
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I didn’t see too many films. I really liked The Illusionist and The Nativity Story.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my 27th birthday, I went to a wedding. Then Kristi and Annie came over and we watched Memoirs of a Geisha and tattooed our feet with henna.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Well, I can think of one thing that would have been slightly more satisfying, but not immeasurably. In all, I would say I had a very satisfying year. The best ever.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
I just do what I can with what I have.
34. What kept you sane?
My little Nala, the sweetest guinea pig ever.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Can’t say I fancied anyone in the public eye. I’m getting sick of Brangelina, Tom and Katie, Paris, and Britney.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The deceiving definition of the word “cloning” in a Missouri constitutional amendment
37. Who did you miss?
My brother. He moved to Phoneix. L
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met (or got to know better) Jon’s family. They’re very nice people.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Even though they cost less, Cocoa Comets are not nearly as good tasting as Coco Puffs.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“I know that I am the luckiest”